Instructions for the recitation project. Fruere!
New semester, new homework blog! https://commoncurriculum.com/sites/latin-3-homework
Dear students: please add this to your daily homework. The first is a link to practice your declensions. You can choose any declension (1-5) to work on. The second is conjugation practice. Again, you can choose which conjugation to practice, as well as voice (active or passive) or mood (indicative, imperative, subjunctive).
Dear students, to see your homework assignments, please go to this website from now on. Everything else (resources, handouts) will remain on this blog.
Here is where you will find your daily homework assignments. Most recent on top.
HW for Wednesday, 8/21:
- write out translatio for exercise 36d
- study for vocab quiz on Friday: bolded words throughout the chapter
- study for adj/adv quiz on Thursday. This is a REPEAT of the declension section of Monday's quiz. It will be the same adjective: fortis, forte in the comparative. Review how to decline comparative adjectives, write out fortis, forte in the comparative, and bring it to class on Wednesday.
HW for Monday, 8/20:
- Quiz over adjectives and adverbs. What will it consist of?
1) Declining a superlative or comparative ADJECTIVE.
2) Recognition: there will be Latin sentences with adjectives or adverbs of any degree underlined. I will ask you to parse adjectives and tell the degree; for adverbs, simply tell the degree.
3) Multiple choice: Again, Latin sentences with adjectives or adverbs of any degree underlined. You will be asked to pick the correct TRANSLATION from 4 options.
- Read chapter 36.
On Saturday I will post an example quiz for you to see. Have a great weekend!
Edit: Here is the promised example. latin_3_adjective_adverb_quiz_example.docx
HW for Friday, 8/17:
- Fill out pages 3-5 on adjective handout.
HW for Thursday, 8/16:
- Fill out pages 1 & 2 on adjective handout.
HW for Tuesday, 8/14:
- Study for quiz on verbs (active and passive)
HW for Monday, 8/13:
- Study for quiz (declining a noun with an adjective +reading 4-5 sentences and answering grammar questions)
- You and your parent sign your syllabus and bring it to class on Monday!
HW for Friday, 8/10:
English to Latin:
I saw a girl who was pretty.
The walls of the city fell with a great sound.
Decline a 3rd declension adjective with:
1 - a 1st declension noun
2 - a 2nd declension noun
3 - a 3rd declension noun
And translate your declensions.
Please have the syllabus signed by parent and student BY MONDAY!
HW for Tuesday, 8/9:
- decline timor, timoris + magnus, a, um
- conjugate credo in present, imperfect, future and translate
- bring in 2 grammatical items you would like to review (i.e., 3rd declension adjectives, infinitives, etc.)